• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragonwood

Stellata and lugwigia are filling in the back quite well.
Couple of pics from today.
20181112_201534-3024x2268.jpg
20181112_201242-2618x1585.jpg

Nice plants paradise, rescape soon?
Thanks. Yes will keep this one going for another couple of months till the new year got a couple of things I want to try on the co2 distribution first . Then rescape either change to a 900 or a rescape in this.
Need to make a scape box and see if my ideas will work in the 600:).

Got fed up with trying to keep the soil out of the sand at the front. Must admit the corys and shrimp don't help.:).
So in the process of fiddling with the forground again:lol::).
Will try and update this later if I get time;).
20181120_112414-3024x2268.jpg

Found it a PITA to try and keep the sand foreground clean and I was getting cyno bacteria along the sand line at the front of the tank. So decided to syphon the sand out and replaced with tropica soil power. Removed the Marcia and S Repens from the front right. Once the plants where removed it revealed a small cave so I made a pathway leading up to this with rocks and river gravel.
Planted the front out with HC hopefully this will grow in ok and carpet the front.
The P Stellata has rocketed to the top of the tank only been in a couple of weeks:eek:. Fear this may get to big for the tank. But will give it a couple of months see how it goes;). Would love to let this grow out of the tank. If I can figure a way out how to hang the light or even poss a different light i can hang.
Have wrote a letter to Santa for a Solar RGB:lol:.
Pics from today.
20181120_201225-3024x2268.jpg
20181120_201320-3024x2268.jpg
20181120_201627-2679x2192.jpg
20181120_201659-2682x1577.jpg

Better than Ever!

Path can even be improved by adding sand over the Gravel.

That P.stellata in the back left looks too big IMO.

Otherwise congrats, I like it very much. What's your ferts routine with All that plants?

I had thought about mixing some sand in with the gravel to be honest. Will give it a try when i get some time at the weekend.
I agree the P Stellata will get to big. But I really like this plant so want to give it a bit of time to see how it develops in case I get a bigger tank in the future;).
I mix my own ferts along the lines of ADA mixes.
Got the details from Nuno M Crystal mountain journal. But I add a bit more N to the mix. I prefer to use measuring spoons to make the mixes.
Micro mix is
1 tsp of APFUK micro mix.
12 taps mgs04.
Mixed in 500ml bottle.
Dose 10ml daily.
Macro mix
1/2 tsp KN03
1/6 tsp urea
1/6 tsp NH4NO3
1/2 tsp KH2PO4
6 tsp K2So4
Mixed in 500ml bottle.
I dose 10ml daily at lights on when the PH is lowest as using urea and NH4 in the mix. But I do think the different sources of N help.
I also dose 5ml of Seachem iron( ferrous gluconate)twice weekly for a alternate source of FE:).

Last edited:
Lush looking plants Dave! I like the cave, do you have any dwarf chiclids in there?

I like the Hugo Kamishi fine gravel from AGs would look nice as a finer grade amongst the bigger gravel you have. Don’t get the HK sand though it’s like dust, just floats around the tank!

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a update. Still need to get some finer gravel to finish the path off. Had some melt on the HC, but seems to be filling in along the front ok.
Hacked the stellata back a bit and moved the light further to wards the back of the tank to get it to grow in a more upright position. Really need to get a proper camerao_O:).
Phone pic from today.
20181127_215130-2987x1912.jpg

Not a lot happening really. The HC is slowly filling in the front. Trying to get some emersed growth on top of the wood. Hygro and moss mainly. But seems to be getting zapped by the close proximity of the light.;).
Pic from today.
20181210_210227-3024x2268.jpg

Amazing how many cherry shrimp are there. They must be very happy! Pogestomon is a cool plant, don’t see it so much these days. Looking great T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back