• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragonwood

Here's a closer pic of one taken with my phone. They have a lovely blue sheen along the backs and body. They are a lively peaceful fish. But I wouldn't get them again due to the jumping unless the tank had a cover.
20180930_195103-1990x1223.jpg

Thanks Sean and Mark:).
Got some pogostemon Stellata today. Just threw in the tank on the weights for now.
Plan on removing the Rotala from the back right and planting it there to provide a different plant texture:).
20181026_194342.jpg

I usually go round the glass once weekly when I do the water change to remove the film then along the water line to remove the line left by my hardish water.
Hey Dave,
Unsure why I didn't spot this thread before; great viewing and now on my watchlist.
I tried a Dennerle Cleanator on the waterline left by my hard water, I was worried about it scratching my glass but it worked wonders and no scratches- worth a try in my opinion.

Hi Andrew.
Will keep my eyes out for a Cleanator thanks.
Siege
Take on board what you say about the stellata being big for this size tank. But really like the look of this plant want to give it a try. Being a stem will this branch when trimmed?

Here we go with V3o_O:).
Lay the branch with the fissedens and Buces on down on the right side. Removed most of the Rotalas from the right side and replaced with lugwigia super red.
Removed the Rotalas from the back left and replaced with pogostemon selatta.
Time to let it grow in now for a couple of months prob do a total rescape after Santa has been:).
20181102_201826-2722x1623.jpg

Pic from today.

Thanks Mark and Dutch. Think I'm just a fiddler:) I look on the internet at other tanks and think that would look nice in mine so end up changing things around.
Been watching Green Aqua videos on Utube some stunning tanks on there. Thinking of a triangular layout next time. But don't know if that style will work in a 600. So might get a 900 next year and do the next scape in that.
A couple of pics from today first from sat on the sofa. The second from my chair:).
20181104_213700-2263x2058.jpg
20181104_214840-3024x2268.jpg

Here's a closer pic of one taken with my phone. They have a lovely blue sheen along the backs and body. They are a lively peaceful fish. But I wouldn't get them again due to the jumping unless the tank had a cover.View attachment 118223

Colombian tetras aren't jumpers. How many have you got? If <10 they are maybe stressed. I have a large school of 25 in my tank and they school and shoal very novely.

I had 10 but have found 5 on the floor at the side of the tank with in the first month of getting them, mainly in the mornings. So they have jumped out in the night.
My light does sunrise sunset, so doesnt go on or off suddenly. Al the other fish plus the 5 colombian tetras that remain are fine?

Back