• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragon Stone and Crystal Red/Bee Shrimp

GlenFish

Hi, anyone using Dragon Stone in a CRS tank? If so does it affect TDS levels?

I briefly tried mini landscape rock/seiryu stone but quickly realised it raises TDS, which is a shame as it looks great......

Thanks in advance!
Glen.

Cheers for this, thought i'd better double check! Shame it looks really nice, I'll have a look for the Unipac Petrified wood....

I put 3 rocks(mini landscape rocks) in a 40l and shrimp were dropping within a week, my fault i should of checked! I'd leave it out, you've only got to miss a waterchange and the clocks ticking....

If anyone has other suggestions for inert rock ideas welcome.

Last edited:
I've found dragon stone to be inert also. I have it in my CRS tank without issue.

hello

I have used Dragon stone with CRS for many years with no problems at all, completely inert in my humble opinion.

I would suggest that problems could be caused by not cleaning the rocks sufficiently, as we all know dragon stone is riddled with holes often full of clay/mud. I always spend plenty of time washing and bodging (technical term i have just invented) out all the holes.

Thanks for your responses, I'll get some and give it a test as there seems to be plenty of shrimpers having success with it. I'll be sure to give it a good bodging first!

I'm another using it in my crs tank with no problem. In fact I seem to be fighting to keep TDs upn at 150ppm

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Back