• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Dragon stone and bog wood

David Edwards

F70059A2-98C0-43F9-A409-8EEE8EC96341.jpeg
hi guys setting up tank and looking at hardscaping. Have dragon stone and big wood. What do you think of the atttached.

Have a bag of Amazonia to attach to add to the scape. Intended it to go back left creating hight there. Alternatively I could add the Amazonia and then put in the hardscape on the slope?

Many thanks for comments and apologies for the poor iPhone photo

David

Height is certainly a concern but with your Bog Wood any extra height it would be above the tank height. I would leave the wood as it is and add you substrate in that corner and taper it towards the front remembering to keep the height the same across the front.
Replace all the rocks in the same position except those four small rocks as they do nothing to your Aquascape.

I would also consider a backing to hide any bits and pieces behind the tank.

Keith:wave::wave:

David

David%2027.3%201%20jpeg_edited-1.jpg

I think this one has the best possibilities for you.

The biggest change is the large rock back LH corner. Its far too low I would pack it up with rocks to get it to that Photo Shoped height.

The long piece of the top DW drop the RH end and lift the LH end up. You might have to place a small rock underneath the LH end.

Rocks with the X are not required plus could be lost in your planting.

Rock LH with the down arrow bury it to stop any slippage.

The
Green Lines allow enough space to grow a few low plants grassy as it nature.

What is your opinion on those recommendations?

Last edited:
AD6B2E72-ADE2-4406-83FB-31E9847DFCC4.jpeg
Hi Keith thanks your thoughts

Adjusted stone at back.

It’s is actually big wood that is resting on the stone in the foreground I’m not sure I’m able to stableise without those rocks. The same goes for the other piece you suggest lowering on rhs it’s bog wood and I think I like how it projects out.

David

Here is my reasons for changing that piece of DW.
You have a Triangular Aquascape if and, completed satisfactorily it can look very good.
You have changed the eye flow completely which is always a big concern.
Making that piece of DW look like as its the main piece where as its only one part of your Aquascape.

The back tall rock is just a whisker high now plus its too vertical

Its your Aquascape in your home and all I can do is help you to create an excellent Aquascape.

David%2028.3.18%201%20_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back