• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Double AquaQube "Divided by zero"

Re: [post vivarium] Double AquaQube "Divided by zero"

bigmatt said:
Keep tubing and diffuser the same on both branches and you should get equal flow!
On ladder diffusers possibly, on anything else no chance. best to have a splitter specially if there are different plant mass etc...

I would not chance getting equal flow.
If you go the splitter option (as opposed to separate sets) make sure it has a needle valve on each output so that you get the control.
and even then expect that as you tweak one the other will change.

a1Matt said:
I would not chance getting equal flow.
If you go the splitter option (as opposed to separate sets) make sure it has a needle valve on each output so that you get the control.
and even then expect that as you tweak one the other will change.

that is what i was thinking.

Would the best plan not be to run one large external for both tanks and chain all the hardware off it then dose the tank as one singular water column?

John

Hi Ghost,hope this go,s well for you as i want to see it grown in,certainly different and well done for trying something that Graeme pulled off so well,

john.

I think the best is to have it run as two independent tanks with separate hardware, and then you get total control.
Heavy on the wallet though.

i guess 2 independent ones would be best, i will try with easycarbo first, and in the meantime in can look for a co2 set
i also added some extra moss in the left tank to give it more of a island feel, will post pics tonight.

as promised a picture :)
also made a simple lighthood today, works out great i think.

PICT0023-2.jpg

Light hood looks very good,well done you,hope it grows in well for you,

john.

I thought the lighthood was ADA for a second ;) pretty original idea, nice one

haha tnx, the hood gives the 2 tanks more of a 1 tank feeling :)

nice job :clap: . but I'll move left filter on to right side and right filter on to left side, just to hide them. and I'll give some moss on the wood but only some!! :thumbup: :thumbup: specialy in right tank on the small pc of wood

i took the advice from Dziabag with the filters, looks a lot better this way :) i already had some mosses on the branches, which is also starting to grow nicely :)
The glosso is also starting to form a carpet, so i am a happy man.
2011-04-12205059.jpg

Back