• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Double AquaQube "Divided by zero"

Gh0st

Inspired by the tanks i saw in a video of ukaps in a art gallery, i am trying to combine 2 styles i had seen.

there was 1 big tank, with a large piece of wood, that was chopped and placed on the outside of the tank, i thought it looked amazing!
Then i saw the triptych tanks and i thought let's combine those 2 :)
Already told Dan about my plans at Vivarium, and he wanted to see some pics when i got started.
So here i present you "Divided by zero"

IMG_20110329_155130.jpg

The rocks are in the tank to stabilize the wood, they will be removed from the final scape
In tank 1 i will keep 25 Aplocheilichtus normanni
in tank 2 i will keep some shrimp, dunno which one yet

will post more pics when i get it planted.

I like that idea. Well done for doing something different. This was an idea Ive been wanting to try after seeing the UKAPS Gallery and made me want to try one side sumbersed and the other side emmersed :)

I will give this a try later this year :)

Hiya,

Looks well cool. Just a quick question, what size are the tanks? Are you going to run them both off one filter?

I've got this feeling that if this is a 30L each that 25 fish might be alot for that size of tank...... saying that i'm no expert on the type or stocking levels. I tend to understock.

The wood is excellent.

Best Regards,
John

The tanks are 40 litres each, got a filter in each tank, i could also put 13 in 1 tank and 12 in the other and add shrimp to both tanks.

and tnx for the positive replys!

nice thinking outside the box they will look good when planted and full of shrimp !!!

I like this a lot!!

Seriously cool, and well done mate for having the bottle to do it.

hmm you should use this as a set of book ends ;) would look amazing!

they are book ends, but i don't have any books;)

water and plants added today, i didn't have enough time to plant the glosso stem by stem, so i planted it in little clutches, hopefully it will form a nice carpet soon.

in the back i planted christmas moss (grown onto a sheet of filter foam, just cut into right size, drop it, and you're ready...)
Some javafern in the left corner and some small pieces of moss on the branches on the right.

You can see at the pictures is did the right one last, still is a bit misty cause of the glosso planting..

just moss and fern
IMG_20110330_190712.jpg

with glosso added
IMG_20110330_213756.jpg

changed the layout a little, i've put some fern in the right tank aswell, to make it look more like 1 big tank.
IMG_20110331_081436.jpg

Re: [post vivarium] Double AquaQube "Divided by zero"

yeah they are, these are the ones that came with the aquaqubes

I'm incredibly jealous!!! Haha

I want 2 tanks and a nice bit on manzi now!! I like Riks idea of having one side filled and one side not, but this is equally as cool.

I'd defo get some co2 on the go will help a ton with the carpet. Mlgt (rik) had a co2 splitter for sale, give him a pm.

I love it.

Johno2090 said:
hmm you should use this as a set of book ends ;) would look amazing!
I can picture that... Nature aquarium world vol1, vol2 and vol3 would make a good start :)

nayr88 said:
Mlgt (rik) had a co2 splitter for sale, give him a pm.
That was me, and it got sold in about 10min flat!
Had I known the demand I would have bought a few more.

There's a few splitters for sale on eBay, or i guess with tanks of indentical size and similar planting you could just run a Y splitter. Keep tubing and diffuser the same on both branches and you should get equal flow!
Lovin' your work!
Matt

Back