• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing Pumps- Suggestions Needed from Experienced Users!

sonicninja

Hi everyone,
I'm looking at buying a three pump dosing unit to dose my Micro, Macro and Liquid Carbon. There seems to be a huge array of makes and models and to be honest I'm a little overwhelmed.

I'm looking for something that I can program to pump approx 10ml of macro and micro on alternate days (6 days a week) and 1ml of liquid carbon over 7 days at specific times. Those I've found seem to only allow me to program daily schedules meaning I cant stop the unit from pumping the ferts on Saturday for example.

Can anyone suggest a unit that doesn't cost the earth but will do the job?

Many thanks
Keith

One day I will get a GHL. Expensive but it can dose on alternate days. The newest ones can do auto top off as well and I'm fairly sure that cheaper ones (Bubble Magus, Kamoer) are a false economy. Nonetheless, if you search UKAPS there's some nice DIY pumps made using timers.

P

Blimey! They are expensive, I was thinking more around the £100 mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHL and Grotech pumps are really good. The aquamedic ones are more in your budget, a bit bigger but easy to maintain.

I Just brought the NS-T01 for 65quid on eBay. Seemed a good price, hopefully it can be set to dose on alternate days....maybe I should have looked into that before bidding!!!

The NS-t01 I just brought looks the same as that ^ just different model number.
Wonder what the real difference is...if any.

Well I've bought the one I linked. I'll use this to dose ferts and a further down the line an additional pump to dose liquid carbon. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives in a few weeks.

If I had anywhere near the tech knowledge maybe. I purchased the 2 pump set for £50 all in, hopefully it will do what I need without too much fuss :)

Bit late to the thread, but I recently fitted a TMC easi-dose 3 channel master (around £175) to a marine tank. This is quite new to the market. They do smaller master units too, and also expansion units should you need even more channels later. You can set the channels independently. Select which days and hours they go on, so might not be best if you need control to a minute level. Doses are in 1ml increments, which I haven't verified or calibrated. Actually, there is no calibration function. Apparently, if you set more than one channel to dose at the same time (remember, it is set to hourly steps), it will delay between them by a few minutes to give time for stuff to mix. I haven't tested that as I simply stagger the doses by an hour between them.

I'm currently dosing 20ml twice a day using this unit from all 3 channels. I think one channel is going down slightly faster than the other two.

Before I got this unit I was endlessly debating between the Bubble Magus and Kamoer units, both of which are highly regarded in marine tank usage as decent for the money. So it was a bit of a gamble for me to go with the new and unknown TMC, but all seems good so far.

Back