• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dorey’s EA 900

So tanks been running a couple of weeks now and I was lucky enough to be sent some plants from my good friend George Farmer from his Oase styleline breakdown.

a mass of Staurgyne Repens
Java ferns
Crypts
And some rare anubias.

so a massive shout out to Mr Farmer and I can’t thank you enough..here’s some updated pics

B6034724-49B0-4973-A4E1-B56F30BA9111.jpeg
4D77D7F4-C807-4D9C-B145-073D262EA95E.jpeg
5D13131B-6770-44D4-AE43-27EE3368FD84.jpeg

Thats looking great, love the colours.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nice scape @Dorey! I am thinking to start a 90p nature style scape very soon and have been collecting the needed equipments, I am only short of the tank itself at the moment. I am getting the vivid 2 as well for the next project, may I ask how intense is your light running at the moment? (e.g. watt settings, light period). Cheers!

Nice scape @Dorey! I am thinking to start a 90p nature style scape very soon and have been collecting the needed equipments, I am only short of the tank itself at the moment. I am getting the vivid 2 as well for the next project, may I ask how intense is your light running at the moment? (e.g. watt settings, light period). Cheers!
Hello mate. Thankyou!

nice size tank to go with and looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Below is a screen shot of my settings I did run this on half power for the first week and slowly raised it. Great light I’m sure you will be happy with it.

67856276-404D-46E3-8598-582FF599ECC0.png

Yes indeed! I have a 60p currently running, which I have shared separately in another thread and I will create another thread for sure when the 90p is on. Thanks for sharing your settings mate, I will gravitate around it to start with, just wanted to make sure no algae problem whatsoever :)

A little update on the ea900, did have a little struggle with cyano and staghorn but fortunately it has all nearly cleared, upped the water changes and I’m ashamed to admit I had it cleaned the filters in a while and they was filthy....everything is back on track for now it seems so hopefully I’m over any dramas

D08CE81B-C6F3-47FB-92E3-FA9B7566DAEA.jpeg
394E0B95-2938-4AD1-89FF-65FC94207535.jpeg

Looks great, love the fish, is the filter media just the standard media ? Very nature aquarium.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, I do love the fish in here, not usually massive fish fan but I do think these compliment the tank very well. The Oase biomaster 600 is pretty much standard excep I replaced one tray with seachem matrix, the jbl e702 is completely standard filter media.

Been a while since I updated this thread, the tank has gone through some changes since I last updated, a sand path was added and the plants have grown and been trimmed several times, I’m going to keep this tank running till the end of the summer and then rescape, here’s a pic how it stands today.
E00DD91C-42A5-4378-A7F5-9872391477AD.jpeg

Back