• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dong Hu Gorge

I started to mess around with some stones I collected in "Dong Hu" Park near my home and now they end up in my tank ....
The idea is to have lots of mosses growing over the stones (Fissidens, mini Pelia, Willow) but still enough stones uncovered
The light will be placed from front to back as to give the whole Gorge enough light for plants to grow
2013-10-07175040_zpse44f4ac0.jpg

I love this layout and that stone is stunning. How did you do it? did you pad the side glass or support the stone away from the glass? I had thought of a similar thing but wondered how not to put pressure on the glass.

I love this layout and that stone is stunning. How did you do it? did you pad the side glass or support the stone away from the glass? I had thought of a similar thing but wondered how not to put pressure on the glass.
The stones don't lean against the glass and are glued on top of each other...on the bottom I used some 1.5 cm thick foam first covered by sand to even out some irregularities from the stones onderside

Very clever use of rocks, the idea is brilliant and the moss should really set the scape off, definitely one to watch :)

Can you give some more info such as tank size etc

Mark

ok ok....the tank size....45 X 36 X 36cm....the filter I am going to use is the same I used in this tank before and worked perfect is a hang on filter 350 liter/ hour, I hope it will function as before although the scape has changed dramatic and could have a to big effect on the flow for this filter to handle....also using pressurized CO2 and LED lights.

I am trying a dry start, hope this work for my mosses
2013-10-08203415_zpsa90cdcfa.jpg

Wow, very impressive. This is one of those tanks that turns into magic. Its going to be spectacular, I just know it is.

The moss didn't want to stick to the rocks, so I used superglue:D ....now it's sticking really good and already starting to grow a bit...it needs to grow a whole bit more, it needs to cover 70 to 80% of the rocks...I hope it will grow fast (anyone here have a good suggestion how to make it grow really fast? I inject CO2 )
2013-10-26201257_zps726db991.jpg

The moss didn't want to stick to the rocks, so I used superglue:D ....now it's sticking really good and already starting to grow a bit...it needs to grow a whole bit more, it needs to cover 70 to 80% of the rocks...I hope it will grow fast (anyone here have a good suggestion how to make it grow really fast? I inject CO2 )
2013-10-26201257_zps726db991.jpg

Empty the tank and grow it emersed ?

So how's it going Martin? Moss growing yet? I'm really intrigued by this layout. :)

So how's it going Martin? Moss growing yet? I'm really intrigued by this layout. :)
Moss is showing some new growth but still not fast enough for me ;) ...I guess I have to be a little patience, which is not my strong suit.
I got some shrimp and fish in it now, also local once.
newfishfromhutongmountain_zps6f8caaea.jpg
2013-11-03155346_zps93aba843.jpg
2013-11-03155332_zpse7fa0c9e.jpg

Sorry for the super quality pictures, but here you can see that the moss is starting to show some growth and the locals, of which I don't know the name....

Back