• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does anyone keep cobalt blue gobies?

Jack B

I've got a pretty high flow in my tank and love the look of cobalt blue gobies. Does anyone have experience of keeping them? I'm hoping they would get on well with my various nano fish and shrimp, and would want to get the tank conditions / food sources right

My brother has one and if only to show you how adaptable they can be it's in a normal community type planted tank with just a juwel filter for flow. It's probably as far from what would be idea but it's thrived for the last few years.
As soon as I found out he had one I added pebbles and stones to the substrate that had a good growth of algae on them (took them from the edge of my pond) and to this day I've not seen his go anywhere near them, so it shows what I know. It spends most of the time on his bogwood and eats anything he adds.
They do look much better is a system built more around what they'd naturally inhabit.

I think @MirandaB knows gobies well, and I can't remember if @Sarpijk keeps them but his tank would be perfect for them.

Yes I keep them in my non planted hillstream tank :)
No problems with compatibility with other fish but they will definitely take the odd baby shrimp as they're more than happy to eat some livefoods whenever I put some in for the other fish.
Your only possible issue with a planted tank is that they are fond of digging but are quite territorial so if you could provide a spot that they like they will likely confine digging to that area.

Back