• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does anybody have any experience with any of these Optiwhite tanks?

Hmmm.... Neither Plantica nor Aqua-art has responded to my enquries I made in English.

I suggest ask them for tank this size,and if reply is they dont...Ask another company there is plenty of suplliers...P.M me if you are interrested.If I could I will help
Thanks, I'll write you a P.M. Appreciate it!

Belio.pl have responded to my queries, I'm just waiting on a final price for my custom dimensions. As far as I know they have their tanks built by Aqua-Art (though I may be wrong!).

*edit* Belio.pl have just this minute got back to me whilst I was writing the above. For your information the quote is as follows

OptiWhite Aquarium 140x35x30, rimless, glass 8mm, transparent silicone – 588,80 PLN (£118)
Transport (euro pallet, ensured) – 179 EUR (£150)

The shipping cost would be much cheaper if the tank would have been shorter (below 120cm). It will take us around 10 working days to get order ready to send to you. Let me know if you’re interested.

Total £268, very nice price for a custom optimwhite aquarium, delivered. This is competitive with and slightly cheaper than having it built from float glass in the UK.

OptiWhite Aquarium 140x35x30, rimless, glass 8mm, transparent silicone – 588,80 PLN (£118) Transport (euro pallet, ensured) – 179 EUR (£150)

The shipping cost would be much cheaper if the tank would have been shorter (below 120cm). It will take us around 10 working days to get order ready to send to you. Let me know if you’re interested.

Very interesting dimensions on that tank! I had contemplated a similar design for my kitchen table where it would run almost the entire length and still have ok room to cook. But I'm not sure that it would be able to take the weight. Can I ask how you plan to use the tank? Is seems very shallow and not very deep compared to other tanks of that width.

Cheers

Very interesting dimensions on that tank! I had contemplated a similar design for my kitchen table where it would run almost the entire length and still have ok room to cook. But I'm not sure that it would be able to take the weight. Can I ask how you plan to use the tank? Is seems very shallow and not very deep compared to other tanks of that width.

Cheers

I'm still pondering this myself and will create a separate thread to discuss!

Belio.pl have responded to my queries, I'm just waiting on a final price for my custom dimensions. As far as I know they have their tanks built by Aqua-Art (though I may be wrong!).

*edit* Belio.pl have just this minute got back to me whilst I was writing the above. For your information the quote is as follows

Total £268, very nice price for a custom optimwhite aquarium, delivered. This is competitive with and slightly cheaper than having it built from float glass in the UK.

Do you think 8mm glass its strong enough?Its a long glass piece and without bracelet it can be unsafe...

I had one of my Polish colleagues contact Belio.pl and it turns out that it is a company called Nattec and not Aqua-Art who is the manufacturer of Belio's tanks.

Does anybody know if Nattec's quality is good?

Thanks!

Ok, I have ordered a 120x60x50 from belio.pl. Their manufacturer is Nattec. I have had a good dialog with Nattec and they are very fast to respond to inquiries. The shipment from belio.pl is insured and I have a 5 year warranty on the tank. I paid 233 GBP for the tank.

I'll let you know about delivery times and eventually the quality when it arrives

The tank (120x60x50cm, 10mm glass thickness) arrived safely at my home here the other day after the journey from the manufacturer Nattec, on to the Polish department of the place I work and then on to our Denmark office where I work and then finally home to me. I am overall pleased with the tank! I can understand from other threads that there perhaps isn't any definitive right and wrong when it comes to seam thickness and such so I'll show the tank as is and then you can make up your own mind. It is my first optiwhite tank so instead of giving subjective opinions I will try only to list fact and show details of the tank and then people can make their own conclusions. But as mentioned I'm happy with the tank and especially when you take the price of 230,-GBP into account.

The mat under the tank is a light green but I have masked it with some white tape under the seams and a sand colored towel inside the tank so it wouldn't influence the appearance.

The provider:
Nattec proved to be a pleasure to do business with. As I understand it belio.pl is only a webshop that handles invoicing, warrenty and the listing of the product. I had a really good dialog with Nattec during the entire process and they responded very quickly and competently to all inquiries. Spotless service and excellent language skills!

Production time and shipment:
As mentioned I only paid for shipment from one location in Poland to another in Poland. But the quality of the packaging is relevant as that would also influence an even longer trip to the UK or elsewhere. It seemed just fine and the tank arrived safely. Regarding production time it took approximately one working week to produce the tank.

The tank itself:
When evaluating an optiwhite tank there are several parameters that stand out: Ability to hold water ( :)), Beveling, color/transparency of the glass, quality of the seams and overall finish. Regarding the color I was at first very skeptic when I looked down in the transport crate. In the dark the glass looked a very dark green. It just looked like normal float glass. But when it was fully unwrapped it looks a light blue and 'optiwhite'. It is my understanding that there are several grades of optiwhite and Nattec send me the datasheet for the Pilkington optiwhite glass used. When looking at the picture below you are looking through 60 cm of glass. The white above is 45 cm of Plexiglas which have totally different characteristics and shouldn't be used for comparison. Are there other tanks that looks more white? Sure! Are they the same size/thickness and/or same grade of optiwhite? I don't know. But it is clear that it is not normal 'green' float glass used but optiwhite!

Regarding beveling the edges looks flawless. Again, I don't have any reference to compare with but I have yet to discover any crooked edges or chipping and I think it looks great.

The seams also looks like they are really good quality. They look even in thickness and I have yet to find a single air bubble. Regarding the width of the silicone extending outside the thickness of the glass inside the tank there are several approaches. Some manufactures make the seam the exact same width as the glass. Others make them wider due to safety considerations. One thing is the tank will hold water in 2 years. But how about 3? 5? It is my understanding from this thread that there are no wrong or right when it comes to the thickness: Just my little survey (for those with opti-white tanks) | UK Aquatic Plant Society. Would I have likes the old ADA seams with no silicone outside the width of the glass? Sure! But would I risk it if it meant that I would roll the dice every day some years into the lifespan of the tank? No thanks! See the pictures and make your own judgement on the thickness. The glass is 10mm thick. Overall the seams are nicely done. The small error in the top part on the first picture is the extend of the few errors that you can find in less than a handful of places on the tank but they are not disturbing to me in the overall look of the tank.

When it comes to overall finish things are aligned just fine. The second picture shows the extend of the only one seam that is off by maybe by 0.5mm. The others are aligned so you can't detect any discrepancies with the naked eye. There were a few silicone smears here and there that required a razor blade but they are not connected to the seams and are very easily removed.

I have had the tank filled once and only for 5 minutes as I was travelling on a business trip the next day. If I'm unlucky with this parameter I would like to be home for damage control :)

Here are some pictures with some comments:
iw6u.jpg

The glass looks a little more transparent and a little more neutral white than this mobile picture. The seams looks like the lower part of the picture almost all over. As mentioned only a small handful of minor errors.
mchr.jpg

The extend of the crookedness of the one pane that is off by maybe ~0.5mm. In reality the glass looks less green and more blue (mobile picture quality is to blame)
uurx.jpg

One of the lower corners. It might look like there are bubbles but it is just minor smears of silicone I haven't removed yet.

What are you comments? As you can gather my direct hands-on experience with a tank like this is limited. What say thee?

Looks very nice to me, nicely finished edges one the glass and the silicone looks very tidy, maybe a bit messy on the bottom edge but thats being really picky I would be over the moon with it and at a bargain price to :)

That's where I ordered mine (Nattec is their manufacturer/provider). You can't set the language to anything else than Polish.

I had a Polish colleague help me. Otherwise Google Translate seems like the only alternative o_O

Hi Guys
Just wanna make an do a quick follow up on this tread o_O
Have anyone else made an purchase from any of the mentioned optiwhite dealers in Poland ?
Asking since I am on the hunt for an optiwhite tank, and find the prices in Poland very attractive :)
If there are, then I and maybe others on the site would like to see some pictures and recommendations ect.
And should there be one or two polish members that wanna share there opinions god and bad regarding any of the dealers in Poland I am all ear to that to.

Have a nice weekend people :cool:

Best regards Keen

I have dealt with belio.pl(nattec) and I got my custom aquarium in 12 days to Finland. 5 days to build and one week shipping. I had asked for quotation for 3 different sizes and the prices came as follows

35cm x 35cm x 35cm (6mm) – 40,37 EUR + transport cost 25 EUR (DPD parcel transport)
45cm x 30cm x 30cm (6mm) – 50,16 EUR + transport cost 25 EUR (DPD parcel transport)
120cm x 50cm x 50cm (10mm) – 252,01 EUR + transport cost 110 EUR (KN euro pallet transport)

My advice is write an email to all of them asking prices and estimated time for delivery to where you are and then see what works for you. I have only positives from belio and would definitely recommend them.

I have now been in contact with belio.pl and no doubt about there professional commitment.
Quick reply and advise in same reply when I asked on price and delivery possibility.

Altho I decided to continued my search for an optiwhite supplier in Poland and I suddenly stumbled upon this impressive supplier of optitanks and cabinets.
I wrote them on request on a price on a custom made tank and matching cabinet including delivery in Denmark, and i was positive surprised.
Only problem NOW, is that I got more greedy, now i want a bigger tank :twisted:

Anyway enough said check out the website and details yourself :wideyed:
Website in general: http://nacd.com.pl/nacd/
There web shop: http://www.nacd.com.pl/shop/

I hope and think I have found my supplier of my future optiwhite tank :pompus:

Now I only have to persuade my better half on the bigger tank idea :wideyed::nailbiting:

Best regards
Keen

Hi Bajiaz
When i asked for an Custom made tank and suitable cabinet(tank dimensions: 130X50X50)
There reply was following:
Shipping cost aquarium and cabinet EURO pallet is 255 EURO

Best regards Ken Normann

Back