• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I need CO2?

Hi all,

Was wondering if I need co2 in my tank as all my plants are growing fine without it. I am just afraid that I may end up in co2 poisoning.

Here is what I have in my tank:

- hygrophyla defformois - growing nicely
- anubias barteri - new leaves every week
- Hydrocotyle tripartita - growing ok
- Sag. Subulata - sending runners very slowly
- Crypts - nice growth

I have around 1.8 - 2 wpg, T5 tube 6500k.
18 G tank with lots of RCS and 6 neon tetras. Its been a couple of month since I set this up.

Planning to add few red coloured stem plants and tiger lilys and more fishes.

Need advice on whether to add co2 or not. Just afraid if my fragile tetras may die of co2 poisoning.

Btw I am planning diy co2.

Thanks n regards
Raghu

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Since the H.tripartita and the dwarf saggs aren't showing expected growth, as they are known for their vigorous growth, I was thinking it may be due to lack of co2.

I am also adding few red leaf plants and tiger lilys and I dont want them to rot due to co2 deficiency.

Thanx

Co2 is more of a choice - do you want faster growth?

Yup.. I love thriving plants, instead of just growing plants..

So, do I still have to supply co2? Links to any good articles would be very helpful

Thanx

Yup.. I love thriving plants, instead of just growing plants..

So, do I still have to supply co2? Links to any good articles would be very helpful

Thanx

Are you currently dosing fertilisers? This will improve growth somewhat.
From what I've heard, DIY co2 is more hassle than it's worth, but by all means give it a go and see how you fare.

If you do go down the co2 route, then make sure your adding your N+P as well as the other ferts for quick growth, otherwise they'll die faster than *clicks fingers* ,that!

Plant Growth Premium Fertiliser

N

Thanx Nathaniel,

Sry forgot to mention about ferts. Ya I am dosing NPK, iron and csm+b on EI basis. The only thing that's missing is co2.

Will definetly giv it a try.

Back