• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do i have enough light?? 🤔🤔

Mattant1984

So im after some advise about lighting and I'm sure you guys can help.

My tank is a 6x2x2 (180 gallons) and I am running 3 nicrew LED lights, not the best I know however these are what I was using for my previous malawi set up on the same tank. (Nicrew classic 48-60 inch 48W and 2 Nicrew slim LED plus 36 inch 45W)

My tank is fairly heavily planted with crypts, a few anubias and quite a lot of hygrophila species. I will also be adding more stem plants soon.
All plants are growing however not that quickly.

Main question is will these lights be enough the growth of the plants??
The 2 smaller Nicrews are only turned up to 50% so I could ramp them up a bit more however would this cause algae issues???

I also use root tabs and dose TNC 3 times a week at 30ml

Many thanks

So im after some advise about lighting and I'm sure you guys can help.

My tank is a 6x2x2 (180 gallons) and I am running 3 nicrew LED lights, not the best I know however these are what I was using for my previous malawi set up on the same tank. (Nicrew classic 48-60 inch 48W and 2 Nicrew slim LED plus 36 inch 45W)

My tank is fairly heavily planted with crypts, a few anubias and quite a lot of hygrophila species. I will also be adding more stem plants soon.
All plants are growing however not that quickly.

Main question is will these lights be enough the growth of the plants??
The 2 smaller Nicrews are only turned up to 50% so I could ramp them up a bit more however would this cause algae issues???

I also use root tabs and dose TNC 3 times a week at 30ml

Many thanks
That's all low light plants. Your light is enough. Do you have fertilizers in the substrate?

Back