• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I have a nitrogen deficiency?

Progen

04TJoig.jpg

nMiqm0W.jpg

I'm currently dosing EI and while the basic principle is that it'll create an abundance of nutrients, I'm starting to wonder whether the abundance of light have made some of my anubiases nitrogen starved because most of them produce a steady stream of oxygen bubbles after an hour into their photoperiod.

The Java ferns seem fine although my crypt parva and blyxa japonica are exhibiting iron deficiencies but that part I know.

What I'm planning to do is to use heaping instead of flat teaspoonfuls of the salts when preparing my next macro solution. In the meantime, I've doubled my micro dosing a few days ago so that needs time to manifest any benefits.

Last edited:
From the plant mass I saw from your pictures, I can assure you (at least for macros because I've never used Seachem's ferts) that if you're dosing EI, it can't be because of having not enough ferts dosing.

Plants looking bad can come from many reasons. Temperature is one of that.

Ahhhh, temperature. That could be it because my main tank hovers at around 30°C most days. I've moved my moss covered wood slightly closer to substrate level and it seems to be greening slowly. Most of these anubiases used to be closer to the light but to combat algae, I've moved them lower and it's helped as far as algae is concerned.

Last edited:
Back