• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY wabi-kusa ball.

Sarpijk

Hi guys, I decided to try and make a diy wabi- kusa ball with materials I had lying around. I looked up different tutorials. Since I did not have any aquasoil or spagnum moss, I used coco fiber brick and used potting soil. I also added about a tsp perlite because why not.

As soon as I was able to form a ball I used thread to make it more stable. For plants I used java moss, tripartita and a big maiden hair fern.

I just made it this morning so it doesn't really look good yet. Hopefully the plants will not die. This was a fun quarantine project!

Any advice on care?
6548ad48c09e0bd1a9d14ade8982f1d0.jpg
32484ddf746811da6a3a6ab02b942023.jpg
c8bc63e16ee1a52dacb14fbe06cbde10.jpg

Hey Sarpijk how are your wabi balls progressing?

I really want to make a few DIY ones, I'm planning on using spaghnum moss, perhaps with a pebble core to weigh it down, but that's it really.

Yours look very good though so may have to keep your method in mind if mine fails badly

Hey Sarpijk how are your wabi balls progressing?

I really want to make a few DIY ones, I'm planning on using spaghnum moss, perhaps with a pebble core to weigh it down, but that's it really.

Yours look very good though so may have to keep your method in mind if mine fails badly
Hi, the coco coir was not the best option, the ball crumbled after a while. I rebuild it using spagnum and soil. The maidenhair fern is producing new growth.

I have built another one this time with an Echinodorus red diamond.

Back