• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Twinstar steriliser questions

Nont

Hello everyone.

I found a tutorial on DIY steriliser and was wondering if there is any alternative to the lantern battery (it’s rare here) other than using an AC/DC adaptor? I’m quite scared of getting electric shock. Will dry charge motorcycle battery work as a safer alternative?

Cheers

Last edited:
If you don’t want any wires leading in to the tank then have a look at inductive charging solutions, 12V transmitted through 7mm glass gives you about 5v workable, which isn’t undesirable as you want low volts and amperage anyway.

:)

Thanks for the reply guys.
inductive charging solutions, 12V transmitted through 7mm glass gives you about 5v workable, which isn’t undesirable as you want low volts and amperage
Cheers, I’ll look into it.

Don't waste your precious time on the steriliser . I have the twister, it's a nice gadget but no effect on algae. Removed the magic wand from my tank, nothing changed. And I have my doubts on what effect the oxygen ions have on the bacteria flora in the tank.

Back