• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Mini Canister

SuperWen

sorry there are no explanations in each pictures, but peoples say "picture worth thousand words"

pasang_inlet_by_SuperWend.jpg

pasang_jaring_by_SuperWend.jpg

pasang_PH_by_SuperWend.jpg

pasang_outlet_by_SuperWend.jpg

pasang_inlet_luar_by_SuperWend.jpg

inlet_outlet_by_SuperWend.jpg

pasang_media_filter_by_SuperWend.jpg

isi_air_by_SuperWend.jpg

done_by_SuperWend.jpg

out_air_by_SuperWend.jpg

2cm_under_by_SuperWend.jpg

Those are some nice little cans youve built
is that epoxy or silicon on the joint ?
Any leaks ?
Fraser

I have been tempted for a while to make a small external filter... I have some pumps from when I used to water cool my PCs lol... I think they may well be far too powerful though.

Nice job Wendy :thumbup:

have you tried using a wine/beer making barrel, i think they hold about 5.5 ltrs there is a screw on cap and an outlet at the bottom, the top will take a 22mm fitting and screw on hosetail at the bace and then run though a dry running pump. this is how discus breaders use filters lots of media.

tim

I tried something similar using a length of plastic abs plumbing tubing but found that the seal always gave up after about 4 months or so without fail.

How are yours on longevity?
Great thread, keep them coming indeed!

@ cheebs: thanks bro :)

@ norfolkdiscus: pity it's hard to find those barrels, many aquascapers here in Indonesia using Lock&Lock canister or 6inch PVC pipe to make DIY canister

@ Bobtastic: that is great idea, but acrylic tubes is relatively expensive here, so I'm just using whatever I have to make it cheaper

@ dw1305: thanks bro :)

@ Garuf: I'm using this DIY canister for 8 months, but I'm not using this anymore because now EHEIM canister is affordable to me :D

Back