• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Diy fish tank

Scoop77uk

Hi there
I'm in the process of cutting out a hole in my wall to fit a home made tank obviously it's only going to be the thickness of the wall 180mm maximum the width will be 1200mm and height 700mm my main concern is I've been told that 8mm plate glass is fine with a cross brace at the top is this ok thought I'd ask the professional's before I start spending the picture is where it's going from the kitchen into the lounge
Many thanks geniuses
Simon
20210720_200549.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf6

Not sure if this is a wind up or not, but what would you ever hope to put in a 180mm wide aquarium?
One way fish obviously :) seriously though, I recommend that on one side you make the tank protrude into the room at least another 15cm giving you at least 30cm of depth so fish can actually turn around and you can plant a few layers of plants. Even 30cm is relatively thin given the other dimensions but I get the idea of it being part of the wall...