• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diy co2 reactor

Brad123

My diy co2 reactor works but how could I get more out of it. If I turn the gas up on the reactor it starts to full the reactor up with gas.(not that I'm trying to kill my fish)
Not the best pic. The gas goes in at the top. Would it help if I put bio balls in to try brake up the water/gas for better dissolving.
pic.jpg

Hi
In my opinion is up to how strong flow you have on it for better dissolving. Had an insta one.Had same issues when wanted to inject more CO2.The cannister was just not powerfull enough.The same situation if I didnt clean the filter on time and the flow decreased.
Regards Konsa

Flow as mention OFC, plus higher working pressure withing the reactor forces the CO2 into solution faster too.
Was going to do a cerges reactor myself, was put off with reduction in flow so just put an inline atomiser pre canister filter and works a treat with no drop in flow rate, there is a potential issue of CO2 damaging the seals and/or the impeller but just did a filter six month strip down at weekend and seals good and impeller was great after a good clean with the normal brown gunk.

Thanks for the replies did not thing about flow from my filter. I've got 2 filters on the tank and the 1 on the reactor witch has not been cleaned for some time. Will clean it out this weekend. Hope it works

Back