• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY canister build

I did something similar with the All Pond Solutions filter booster - Bought a cheap Hidom powerhead from Finest Filters for £7, rigged up using 16/22 hoses.

That being said, by the time you've bought the above you'd be best off buying the All Pond Solutions canister that's actually based on the slightly larger filter booster - I just had most parts lying around so only had to pay for the powerhead.

I’ve been thinking about this a bit more lately. At present I’m using a small internal in a 10L Nano and it works well enough but it’s a bit noisy and takes up too much space in the tank. I think I’d like a small external but as it’s going to be sitting next to the tank and not hidden away I’d like something that looks nice. I’m thinking maybe I could use a stainless steel container to build something a bit more ADA looking!? Any thoughts.

This is the sort of thing I had in mind. It’s a 1 Litre Stainless Steel utensil pot. It measures 15 x 10cm. I would need to make some kind of top for it, I was thinking of maybe grey PVC with a simple O Ring for sealing. Both inlet and outlet would be fitted in the lid provided the pump doesn’t get in the way. I was thinking of the Tunze Mini pump unless anyone has any other suggestions.

EA431DA0-89DE-4D73-A3D7-3F7E21FD96D2.jpeg

Back