• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dividing CO2 output using a T-joint

LondonDragon said:
Tom said:
You would be having to "drip" a serious amount of fizzy water in!!
Would make CO2 seem free in comparison haha

:D Thats why it was a wild guess!!

So I guess I will remove the mesh-cap from boyu, and seal a tube there. This will go in the outlet side of my canister.. and then spray bar it at a small depressed angle from the top to achieve a circular flow in the tank. And put the o/p of internal filet/power head across this to create maximum turbulence/mixing.

Thanks all of you for the quick replies!

-niru

Ok People,

update of what I did yesterday:

I kept the flipper ladder way down in the tank next to the Juwel internal filter, but moved the output of this filter to shoot water over the ladder. Then put a sponge on the input of the powerhead and kept it directly over the ladder top lid. This way, fresh water was seeing the CO2 bubbles, and the bubbles were facing resistance to their upward movement due to the water flow thereby increasing the contact time. Whenever the gas accumulating in the ladder-lid was blurping out, it got caught in the sponge of the powerhead and was again redistributed into the tank.

I am happy to now see my DC turn greenish yellow within about 1 hour of doing this!!

Ok Guys

I have been reading with a lot of interest a few other topics on UKAPS, particularly good EI discussions and a very prominent role of CO2 and flow/turnover to maintain a good EI magic etc..

In light of that, and in continuation of my question regarding the T-joint splitting of CO2, I have a new question:

Has anyone done a multiple CO2 dosing in a tank? i.e. split the CO2 output from the cylinder right / pressure reducer output and then pass each tube through a separate buble counter and place two separate CO2 dosers (diffusers, ladders, etc etc) at 2 farthest points in the tank? The definition of farthest being such that this way, even with worsening flow (say due to increasing plant load, leaves obstructing the flow etc etc), all areas of the tank are ensured a good CO2 coverage. For larger tanks the number 2 could be similarly expanded.

The total bps is then a sum of individual bps, and perhaps with a flow controller, different areas of the tank could be provided differing amounts of CO2 depending on the plants placements..

Would be nice to know if professional guys do something for LARGE aquascapings etc..

cheers
-niru

Just to add that this is slightly different than my original question. Then I was planning to divide the CO2 just before it enters the tank.. here the CO2 o/p from the cylinder is divided at source, so no issues about pressure differentials etc..

I am just looking in to same splitting CO2

Cylinder > Solenoid > Y splitter:
> Needle Valve - UP Atomizer - 80L tank
> Needle Valve - UP Atomizer (maybe glass diffuser?) - 15L Nano tank

To 2 different tanks next to each other. I just wonder if giving 2 UP atomizers of same size would do the trick having even pressure. Output pressure is 4BAR from Regulator so giving it to max should work. But I am not sure if I would be able to set up different buble rates. Any ideas?

Back