• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus has white on it, have pics that I am going to try and post. The discus swims around and eats but it looks like its getting on the eyes.

msredcorvette

Seedling
0EB045F9-D994-4E73-832B-DD2BCB0FFCB8_1_105_c.jpeg
B83872F9-FD80-4C79-B534-F5C6885E3298_1_105_c.jpeg
57F36C4F-1C39-47A8-9C62-9CBBEA9B8C6C_1_105_c.jpeg

That poor Discus doesn't look very well at all to me, at that age they ought to be kept in a group, fed well and maintained to the optimum.
Cheers.

Hi, he certainly looks ill, but it's hard to say why from the photos.
It's always wise to suspect the water conditions.
If you could give a lot more detail about your tank, water parameters, filtration, maintenance, water preparation etc it would help.
Also, how old are your Discus, how many are there and are the others healthy?
Did you get them from a reputable source, and are you keeping them under them same conditions as the breeder/supplier?
Do you happen to have any photos of the sick one when you first got him?
In the meantime substantial water changes are a good plan.

First thanks for responding, the tank is a 100 gal, I change 25% of the water every week, all my water parameters are good- nitrates, nitrites, am, etc. I have a canister filter, use RO Water, keep the temp same as the online store which I believe is a reputable one, the discus age i really dont know except they were about 1 1/2" to 2" when I got them. I have had them for about 2 months. I dont have pics when I first got him, my other discus is ok. I have cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, one nerite snail , four zebra loaches, some swordtails and septra tetras. They all get along good and the discus swim right up to me when its feeding time and they all know which side I usually come to. I put some salt tablets and it seems like it is a little better. I will try and take some better pics. Thank you again

Good info there, unfortunately nothing jumps out as obviously wrong. :)
Hopefully if you can get some better pics that might help. I'm pretty sure there are some Discus specialitsts on the forum who might be able to see something useful.
Meanwhile the salt is useful for a wide range of problems, and as it seems to be helping I would keep on with it.

Thanks and here is some more pics. Also I wanted to say he comes up to the glass and follows me and eats. I do have another discus and I want to get more but right now I want to get him/her healthy. I don't want to medicate with something I shouldn't. He swims around all the other fish and the other one doesn't look like he has anything wrong. Both have grown since I've had them and my water is good. The only thing I can think of is maybe I feed them more then I should. I put a pinch of flake and a pinch of dried blood worms one day and then the next I put a pinch of flake plus a pinch of dried beef hearts. What I mean by flakes i vitamin enriched tropical flake food dry. I appreciate any help u can give me
D1CE39F1-FCB2-4F6A-8F2C-27C6457629D7_1_105_c.jpeg
B5893333-5874-4837-9203-989DC5FD9805_1_105_c.jpeg

It's good that he's still active and eating.
There are dried foods you can get (over here anyway, not sure about the US) with garlic in them. They sometimes help when a fish is sick but you don't really know what's wrong. Unlike strong medications you don't have to worry about using it, and it won't interfere with any meds that you might need to use later.

Back