• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus at it.

New England is about the lattitude of Southern France, so you know where to relocate to, Lindy
Haha, no thanks. My mum lives in the south of France and the tiger mosquitos are terrible there now. Don't think we'll be back in summer months again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tiger mosquito larvae? ?

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
What do you mean? The tiger mozzies are awful. They fly all times of the day. My mum was burning all these candles and tapers so I felt like I was smoking 20 a day . The bites swell up like half tennis balls and itch something awful. Then they blister and weep.

Might make tasty fish food is all! I feed my fish mosquito larvae all summer. "Tiger" sounds like a steak compared to the little meatballs I give them here in New England

Might make tasty fish food is all! I feed my fish mosquito larvae all summer. "Tiger" sounds like a steak compared to the little meatballs I give them here in New England

Yeah but I'd have a tough time getting them through security considering you aren't allowed liquids through lol.. anyway perfectly good mosquito larvae in Scotland!

For the first week or 2 of free swimming they feed solely on the slime coat but after that they take newly hatched or micro worms. The floating plants are in there to take up nutrients from the water and because they look nice. They fry hunt through them for any missed food too.

I bet there's something to eat in them floater roots for small fry Lindy, maybe rotifers or something. I recently got a night lamp which I leave on for about a hour after main lights off just to see what activity goes on. My ottos and Amano love digging about in there which they don't usually do when lights on.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

I bet there's something to eat in them floater roots for small fry Lindy, maybe rotifers or something. I recently got a night lamp which I leave on for about a hour after main lights off just to see what activity goes on. My ottos and Amano love digging about in there which they don't usually do when lights on.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk
You might be right. It seemed lovely natural behaviour as the parents would take them up to the floaters, let them root about, and then bring them back down again. Now both parents are out and the fry are on flake.

Back