• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

digging up an amazon sword kleinebar

paulsouthuk

Hi All I need to move the position of my amazon sword kleinebar. Do I need to do anything special any techniques I need to follow. It's been in the mid ground for two years now and is taking up nearly half of my tank. Do I prune the roots if so how much do I trim off? Any help advise prior to the attempt is more than welcome.

i have a crypt thats over 5 years old i want to move but i think i'm going to need a JCB, you made need to do a water change afterwards if you end up disturbing a large amount of substrate and you may find you have to dig up a few other plants as well to get it out:nailbiting:

Oh Well I intend to do it next weekend to coincide with a 50% water change. I think i will be disturbing my bog wood hard scaping which may be an issue. Good luck with your crypt.

Wow! That sword will take some pulling out. I thought my saggitaria and vallis were rooted really well as I can't pull those out very easily. I think you may need a rope attached to a car to pull that sword out :lol:

oh well i'll get a 4x4. It has to be moved as its blocking the foreground and shading alot of the tank.

What I've done in the past is when I've pulled up swords with massive roots, is rather than take the whole root part out, I've pulled it up so I can see the amount of root I want left on it then just cut it there and left the old root part under the substrate. Never did any harm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back