• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffusion Issues - Inlet to Filter Not Working

How do!

My plan for Slow Roast was to just stick a tube in the bottom of the inlet for the APS EF2. Turns out this isn't working at all well with this filter. Lots of trapped CO2, burbling and a generally unhappy filter so for now I've gone back to a rhinox.

To solve this I wondered what you all think of as good CO2 diffusion techniques nowadays?

Options I guess could be:

Inline ceramic type thing, thinking up aqua
Inline chopper, thinking sera 500 (although I can't find the tube sizings for them, the EF2 is 15/20 but works tights with a hydor 300 so guessing 16/22mm will be fine)

Internal Bazooka / Infuse bar

The issue for me is I'm not a fan of fizzy looking water so I want to minimise bubbles and also hopefully increase efficiency.

Tank is only 120L (well lots less after substrate, wood etc). I'm using Citric/Baking Soda as the driver (for now).
I'm not completely closed to a sodastream setup but just dont really have the cash right now.

Any thoughts on what I should look at / avoid?

As always thank you all :)

Si

If your filter can handle it , Ista mix max is by far my preferred method of diffusion. Dead cheap on ebay, excellent diffusion, no fizzy water! An added bonus is that it requires zero maintenance!

Using APS EF2 for my CO2 reactors and working a dream, I use Twin reactors for my 500l tank with twin JBL inline atomisers. Both fitted post FX6 filter with a bypass also. I get a 1.0pH drop easy, completly bubble free. I use bioballs for media in the EF2 but there are cheaper options that work just as well OFC, but got great price on bio balls at the time, very little reduction in flow in my setup too. Only bubbles in my tank is pearling.
Using duel reg and 6Kg cylinder, best to be stable for CO2 to work well.

Did some vids of setup EF2 Reactors which may help here
Ignore the fancy PLC and the over complicated setup I have,
Hope it helps

Using APS EF2 for my CO2 reactors and working a dream, I use Twin reactors for my 500l tank with twin JBL inline atomisers. Both fitted post FX6 filter with a bypass also. I get a 1.0pH drop easy, completly bubble free.
Hope it helps

Wow thats a helluva setup :D

In the end I went for a JBL ProFlora Direct simply because it's a brand name and I could order right away. Both Aquarium Gardens and CO2Art seem to be away.

Once it turns up I'll install it and see how I get on. Has to be better than the bubbles I've got right now :)

Thanks Everyone, appreciate the advice

Back