• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

diffusion in a 250L without a canister?powerhead reactor?

master3z

i dont have a canister and cant afford one atm,
Am buying a pressurized co2 system in the coming week and need to find best cheap way to diffuse co2 in my water.
I am thinking of glass ceramic diffuser
Or
Want to build a reactor using power head,but will it work with pressurized co2 at
2 bubbles/s?
What is best according to you

Re: best way to diffuse co2 in a 250L tank without a caniste

i live in mauritius,i wont be able to buy this

Ahhh....
You can order on Ebay from Hong Kong? UP has a good one.

Mike

mvasingh said:
Ahhh....
You can order on Ebay from Hong Kong? UP has a good one.

Mike

UP Co2 glass diffuser?

what do you think of this way to diffuse co2 into the aquarium using a power head

001.jpg

Re: diffusion in a 250L without a canister?powerhead reactor

Iv seen external reactors using canister...

i wonder if we can build reactors just like the one you guys are using by using a powerhead..

iv made a drawing using paint,want to know what you think about it,,whether its possible or not.

Untitled-1.png

there should be another tube where co2 enters the reactor...missed it

Hi,
It's worth having a look through Ed Seeley's DIY Reactor How To thread-» viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626

You don't really need the balls as they reduce the precious flow rate.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hi,
It's worth having a look through Ed Seeley's DIY Reactor How To thread-» viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626

You don't really need the balls as they reduce the precious flow rate.

Cheers,

I dont have a canister to do this ceg

Hi, using a powerhead for a reactor is fine, although in your diagram I'm not sure you'd need a second powe head on the end of the return line unless the pump taking water into the reactir isnt powerfel enough to pump it back out. You can just use a powerhead or pump to take water from the aquarium, into the reactor, and back out again. And it's also hard to say if the rate would be 2 bubbles a second as different diffusing methods need more/less co2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will the powerhead have enough power to pump water from the aquarium to the reactor outside and back to the aquarium?

Probably not but, you can use that type of device inside the tank & power it with a smallish powerhead.
They work best without the balls but you need enough power to get a spinning vortex inside the chamber & then the bubbles get completely dissolved, you can dissolve huge amounts of bubbles with a little fine tuning!
The pump is a 1250 http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filt ... umps/13228

It would be a lot more efficient to simply use a needle wheel powerhead inside the tank, you will need quite a lot of gas in a 250lt tank so you need somthing effient.
Get hold of the largest powerhead you can & it is then pretty simple to modify the impeller to a needle wheel type, search on line to see how it is done.

Back