• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffuser or Reactor?

zed

Hi all!

First, what a forum! I've been lurking for a few days and the info on here is amazing!

Anyway, I haven’t kept fish in around 15 years (I'm not 'that' old, I just started young ;) ) and now want to set up a well-planted tank.

I have the tank - it's a Fluval Venezia 350 litre corner tank. I plan to use injected CO2 with a fire extinguisher - probably go for the aquamagic reg and solenoid.

I intend to run a Hydor 300 external heater plumbed into the external filter.

Substrate is likely to by ADA Amazonia, unless I'm persuaded I should try something else.

I'm not sure about how to administer the CO2. Do I go for an aquamas reactor like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0266431318

or do I go for a Rhinox diffuser like this:

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1431

Will the Rhinox 5000 diffuser handle a 350 litre tank?

Advice appreciated,
Thanks.

Hi zed and welcome to UKAPS!

Most consider an in-line reactor better than a diffuser in larger aquaria. You'll need a good filter to ensure the CO2 enriched water is circulated effectively throughout the water column, but this isn't so important if you're lighting levels are low.

Do you have the supplied lighting, or have you upgraded it?

What filter do you have?

Hi George, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm usingthe original T5 lighting that's supplied with Fluval Venezia 350 (2 x 34" 39watt 'GLO' lamps and 2 x 12" 8watt 'GLO' lamps).

The filter is also the original Fluval 405.

Do you envisage keeping either of these being an issue?

Thanks.

zed said:
I plan to use injected CO2 with a fire extinguisher - probably go for the aquamagic reg and solenoid.
Read some bad reviews about their Solenoid, might wanna check Lunapet instead, I use their regulator and solenoid and works great with an FE ;)

I'll check out Lunapet. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've just posted on the thread "Ebay Regulators" regarding the Aquamas ones. I've heard good things about them.

Any Idea how they compare to Lunapet?

Thanks

Back