• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DI Resin

jameson_uk

Anyone know anything about DI resin?
Looking to get some more for my RO unit but prices seem to vary wildly.

Is there really any difference between cheaper and more expensive stuff? (Other than virgin stuff Vs regenerated)

I did see one offering which said it was specifically designed for harder water, this confused me though as the water coming out my RO membrane is about 9 TDS and my water is relatively hard going in so when would hard water hit DI anyway???

Found a couple of articles talking about different cation / anion splits. With different products being 60/40, 50/50 and 40/60.

I believe the 40/60 one is the one designed for hard water.

Obviously there is some stuff left post RO membrane but what I don't know if whether the hardness is one of those things left behind.

Any thoughts on which split would work best for my water (incoming 300 TDS, GH 12, KH 5) post RO membrane (which is coming out ~9 TDS)

Hi,
I don't think it matters for our case. The reefers worry down to the last ppm of impurity, but for us it's really over the top. the output of the RO filter will be zero hardness. The remaining ions have negligible significance.

Cheers,

Save your money on DI. You only really need RO in the worst case scenario (even that you can cut it with your own water). Most don't need RO either.

If you are reefing with LPS, then bring on the DI and highly sensitive meters for measurement.

Back