• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Detritus worms inside Twinstar diffuser

esxboi

Seedling
Hi I am relatively new here and to the Aquarium hobby I recently set up my 144l planted tank, with all Tropica plants, unfortunately the red root floaters didn't come out the box to healthy and didn't make it so I stupidly purchased some cheap (straight out if someone else's tank) one's from a well known auction site, a few hours later I noticed thin white worms wiggling around the water column! I did some Googling and determined they wasn't to much of a worry as long as everything is in good balance, however a couple of days later I've now noticed my Twinstar Nano Diffuser is full of them, I have no idea how, unless the worms didn't come into the tank vu the red root floaters, but inside the co2 hose that came with my JBL regulator I also bought from EB! Maybe they were dormant inside the hose and when they were reintroduced to water made there way into the water column and my diffuser, or are they so tiny to begin with they can go through the ceramic diffuser during the night when the solenoid is off?

Either way does anyone know how to get them out of the diffuser? They look horrible just floating about in the cup under the ceramic disc.

Any help, or advice would be great, my tank is only 3 weeks old, I have a Oase biomaster thermo 350 with Fluval aquasky.

Not the best pictures sorry but best I can do any idea how they got in and if I can get them out or is it a case of a whole new diffuser as these are sealed units, won't it just happen again? Would I be better ping with inline instead?
IMG_20210503_152336.jpg
IMG_20210503_151314.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_152309.jpg
    IMG_20210503_152309.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Back