• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle scapers tank lid

john arnold

Hey

I would like to cut the lid to size so as to allow inlet/outlet pipes from canister filter, has anyone cut this lid or is it tempered which i think means it cant be cut

Cheers

I think they are tempered

There are two sizes of lid for the 35 litre tank, the new one which covers the tank completely and the old version which is shorter and has room for pipes

Have a look at proshrimp, they sold both sizes

There are two sizes of lid for the 35 litre tank, the new one which covers the tank completely and the old version which is shorter and has room for pipes

Ok cheers

May as well make one myself if i cant cut it

Thanks man

Manufacturers often don’t seem to leave enough room for pipework. I found this on my 35L Nano. I thought that if I bought some 6mm thick clear PETG it would stay flat but it didn’t. I need to get a new cover as well so I’m probably going to go with someone like this. http://www.expresstoughening.com/ unless I can find someone local. Price is surprisingly reasonable for toughened glass and extras like adding holes doesn’t add too much.

Is that not the 50l (which came with a job type filter) and the 54l (which comes with an internal)?

I thought the 35l lid never had room for pipework?

Manufacturers often don’t seem to leave enough room for pipework. I found this on my 35L Nano. I thought that if I bought some 6mm thick clear PETG it would stay flat but it didn’t. I need to get a new cover as well so I’m probably going to go with someone like this. http://www.expresstoughening.com/ unless I can find someone local. Price is surprisingly reasonable for toughened glass and extras like adding holes doesn’t add too much.

The price of the glass may be OK, but have you seen the delivery charge?

Ouch indeed!

Luckily I’ve found a merchant local to me with their own tempering facility. I’ll contact them once I’m sure of sizes. If it’s silly money then maybe laminated is the way to go.

Back