• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Decent stand plans..

ChrisP

Hi guys has anyone come across any decent plans for a stand? I have of course Googled but most of the plans I find are over complicated. I just want to make something fairly basic to hold a 40cm cube. Doesn't need to be anything special, just strong solid wood possibly with a shelf.

Yeah more than strong enough, I made a ADA style cabinet for a 60x40x40 a few years ago out of 18mm MDF which I laminated with that nice sticky back plastic stuff lol

Many years ago I made a cabinet for a 6x2x2ft out of 18mm ply.

My thread from years ago is still on here in the completed sit projects section.
Screenshot_20171227-234212.png

Thanks Danny that does look pretty impressive! I'm going to decide between doing something like that or a basic frame design.

Here's a question for you people. I've noticed when people like DIY King make stands they make a top and bottom frame and then connect them with the legs. Like the below design is almost identical to one I've seen him make on YouTube.

But is a design like the below not stronger? The legs go all the way from top to bottom and look like they would take more of the weight with less joins.

Back