• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deansie's Ada 45-P Iwagumi

Things on order are
* 9 litres of Ada Amazonia powder
* Eden External Aquarium Filter + Heater 511-100W (100L +100w)
* Ada 45-P with lid
* Chihiros a-series plus

Still to get Rocks then plants etc.

Would love to keep some red plants, as of yet I've been unable to.

Not seen this filter used on here before, it's a 3 chamber, 600lpr external with a built in heater. On first impressions I'm really pleased. Can see the first sponge being used for filter floss only but the quality is great. £60 posted, I'd pay not far of that for a hydor external heater so I thought it was worth a punt.
IMAG1390_zps6tne2dbg.jpg

IMAG1391_zpsx1elm6hu.jpg

Last edited:
Light and tank arrived, very pleased with both. Think they are going on too of where the old immerser was housed.
IMAG1392_zps2ad61nzd.jpg

IMAG1395_zpsm0i1c60u.jpg

Should have this planted next week, soil comes on Monday and will try collect rocks at the weekend.

I was thinking the silver insulation roll that you put behind radiators, think that will be sufficient?

Not to sure, I think you will need something thicker with some give, ADA sell a matt or you can buy stuff per metre from hardware stores / rubber suppliers

Do you have any plans for the hardscape already? If not I would not rush it. Once the tank is planted it is very hard to change things. I always buy a cardboard box with the same dimensions of my tank and make the hardscape in there. Once I am satisfied I will make it in the glass tank. This reduces the risk of scratching the glass when trying out scapes and it doesn't expose the aqua soil for to long to air.

Do you have any plans for the hardscape already? If not I would not rush it. Once the tank is planted it is very hard to change things. I always buy a cardboard box with the same dimensions of my tank and make the hardscape in there. Once I am satisfied I will make it in the glass tank. This reduces the risk of scratching the glass when trying out scapes and it doesn't expose the aqua soil for to long to air.
Thanks for the advice, It will definitely be a rock scape only. I've had wood in all my previous tank. I imagine it will be quite minimalistic but we'll need to wait and see what the rocks are like. I wouldn't mind moving a few plants but I don't want to be moving rocks :p

My first ever Lily pipe set arrived from China today which looks great and also the seiryu rock so can get this scaped awaitingbthe plants which should come in the next few days. Can't wait to see the Lily pipe in lol.
IMAG1440_zpsannwqbyt.jpg

What did you get for under the tank?
ADA mat is (quality) closed cell anti-vibration foam, you should be able to track down similar - open cell foams don't perform the same, though if your surface is very even & flat & you don't have any traffic etc vibrations, under tank mat material is less important

Add some Rotala 'Vietnam H'ra' as this plant will tell you how much ambient light the tank is getting - leaves open & then close (when it's had enough "day" light) - the small leaf suits nano tanks, nice "pink" color (rather than red)

I have it in a window tank, started with CO2 but none for weeks now due to supply issues, plant growth has slowed & no visible pearling but otherwise plant seems healthy

Just remembering how hard it is to scape lol, anyway, here's my best so far. Let me know what you think, should Lily pipes be at back?
Thanks
IMAG1474_zpsnofnepsh.jpg

IMAG1477_zpsq1zkkfzr.jpg

IMAG1478_zps7o5cc6ht.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Nigel for suggesting that I practice with a soil first, was a great tip.
IMAG1459_zpsnavnga3j.jpg

IMAG1455_zpsxpaeltew.jpg

If you going for a Iwagumi please do some proper research.
Like the Oyaishi must be your focal point and should be around 2/3 the height of the aquarium, as this ratio appeals to the human eye.

The-stones.jpg

To be honest my idea of Iwagumi is to have great plants and no wood lol. But I'll have a look thank!

Back