• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback Day trip

SRP3006

I just want to say a big thanks to Dave at AG for the excellent service and experience and all the help with my scape.
I've just done the 7.5hour round trip and every minute was worth it. Absolutely chomping at the bit to get scaping and setting up now.
Thanks to @Jayefc1 for recommending AG a few months ago and for @Siege telling me everything I needed to know.

Got plenty of goodies now, just gotta wait for a few to arrive and then try and recreate today's scape.

Massive thank you to AG for all the help and advice, the tanks in the showroom are huge motivation and stunning examples.
Journal coming soon

To finish, anybody contemplating travelling upto AG, regardless of the distance, I can wholeheartedly recommend, you definitely won't regret it.

Pleased the trip was worth it. What type of layout did you go for?
Island layout with la plata sand around the front and edges. Hopefully I can recreate the scape we made, not great with scaping to be honest. I haven't had much practice in the past.
Stems to the back, epiphytes and crypts in between the rocks and wood.

Island layout with la plata sand around the front and edges. Hopefully I can recreate the scape we made, not great with scaping to be honest. I haven't had much practice in the past.
Stems to the back, epiphytes and crypts in between the rocks and wood.

Nice. Take your time, don’t put the hardscape too far back and you’ll be fine. Hard to go wrong with decent hardscape! 😃

Did Dave give you a suggested plant list?

@Siege did you get a day off today mate

Yes indeed, Monday and Tuesdays at the mo!

Thanks @SRP3006 glad you enjoyed your visit.

Enjoyed helping out with your scape and will look forward to seeing it planted!

Just emailed you the plant list as discussed :thumbup:

Cheers,
Dave

Nice. Take your time, don’t put the hardscape too far back and you’ll be fine. Hard to go wrong with decent hardscape!

Did Dave give you a suggested plant list?

Indeed, some cracking hardscape, to be honest I was like a rabbit in the headlights. So much to choose from, the scape box was really good and the advice and assistance was second to none.

I believe he's working on it, 2 hours flew by and still managed to forget things
Will certainly consist of Hemianthus micranthemoides as I was really impressed with it in the 900 in the showroom.

Which was you your favourite tank?

Mine is the 60-p at the moment.
They are all fantastic to be honest but if I had to choose one I'd probably go with the 900. I love the hydrocotyle verticulata. The stem plants at the back are incredible with that little pop of colour from the rotala macranda. The rgb also makes the colours really stand out.

The buces in the 1500 are amazing though, and that wood has such an impact, so it's quite hard to decide

Back