• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dangers of getting water from Spotless Water

Davidwebbuk

Twenty - five litres of water all over the floor when the handle gives out as you walk in the front door.

No photos of the chaos as we were too busy trying to mop it up!

Luckily the wife is quite forgiving!
6e7065cc97612ba3b236c2c13aceb4cd.jpg

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Must have been a nightmare! How does it work, you fill up at a self service location, or did they supply it direct? Their container must have been too brittle, or flawed, by the sounds of it.

At least it didn't leave watermarks 😁 (sorry, too soon?)

Self service. It was my container. Obviously older and more aged than I thought it was. Oops

But one container made it home so I can at least do a water change tomorrow.

Left vial is spotless, middle is tap and right is the mixture of the two I'll be aiming for (~10ppm nitrates).

d7a658e2493573601acefc89eae4e7ca.jpg

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Had it lived in the sun?
Hi @Davidwebbuk

My thoughts entirely. Some plastics and UV light don't mix. And the container would not need to have been in direct sunlight. There's a lot of UV light even on a cloudy day during the summer months. And, it's the UV that does the damage as you are no doubt aware. Having said that, I feel for you. You seem to have handled the whole situation very well. Plus, your wife was quite forgiving.

JPC

Left vial is spotless, middle is tap and right is the mixture of the two I'll be aiming for (~10ppm nitrates).
Hi @Davidwebbuk

FYI, although there are seven colour patches for nitrate, on my computer monitor, I only see five different colours. 10 ppm and 20 ppm look the same colour. Similarly, 40 ppm and 80 ppm look the same. Now, that may be of interest or the most useless piece of information that you've read today! 🤣

JPC

Back