• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Daize's 120L island aquascape

daizeUK

This is my Juwel Lido 120L island, my first attempt at an aquascape and now 7 months old.

22May_zps201d1972.jpg

Would really like to do a tank like this next, looks mint. What plants do you have in there mate?

Would really like to do a tank like this next, looks mint. What plants do you have in there mate?

Cheers,

Mainly long narrow-leaf java fern and Taiwan moss
Anubias petite, trident fern and Java fern 'mini' around the base, also some hydrocotyle tripartita
Crypts legroi, beckettii, amicorum & miya oya

Plus more recently experimenting with various foreground plants and stems to sides and rear but I'm not sure which will be staying yet.
Also the salvinia natans was added the day this picture was taken, not sure how it will fare under the lights in a lidded tank!

This tank is somewhat over the 1 year mark now and has fulfilled the vision that I originally intended for it...
Although I have had some problems with BBA since last June and I lost all the moss because of it. That's simply down to fluctuating CO2 from the yeast-based system... I was warned it would give me problems, and it did! :)
Here's an updated pic.

TOTMDec2014_zpsfd248c1c.jpg

Back