• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cypt help

Bhavik

I was wondering if there are any cypt plant that have a redish colour to them and maybe have thin/narrow leaves?

Thanks

C. Albida has some red/brown varieties, C. wendtii too.. Many other crypts have the potential to develop reds grown under the proper conditions. Difficult to say what those condition are for each, some just grow leaves with shades of red and suddenly stop. Seen it happen personaly dunno what i did.

Most plants that have reddish leaves need more light. And if they don't get enough light the leaves will become green. Hope this helps you choose the right plant.

So im assuming no matter what the plant youll need higher light for the leaves to turn red.

Is there no easier to grow red plant?

as im looking to add some colour to my green planted tank

So im assuming no matter what the plant youll need higher light for the leaves to turn red.
Not necessarily, it highly depends on plant sp. :) But in most cases for the majority of stemplants, yes, it is very light related, the more you have to more red will show.

Is there no easier to grow red plant?

as im looking to add some colour to my green planted tank
You could try to find a good, red-coloured Tiger-lotus. The colour of this plant is not really light-dependant, so it will still be red colour in lower light. Good light will enhance colour, though.

Hi yes thanks for that I have just recently added the red lotus to my tank on one side so was looking to add one more plant which has so colour to the other side

Back