• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cyperus helferi

Paul27

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with it?. Apparently it needs high light?.

First time I have came across it today

I have this in my tank, I don't have high lighting at all and the tank is quite deep at 70cm. I'd say its more surviving than thriving but still doing ok!

I have this in my tank, I don't have high lighting at all and the tank is quite deep at 70cm. I'd say its more surviving than thriving but still doing ok!
That's good to hear that's it's doing ok, really like the look of it. Think I'll give it a try then

Had some success with it
1623393889773.png

Medium/high light and CO2, trouble with it is it grows from the base so the tip of the long stem/leaf is the oldest part with gets damaged and becomes a bit of an algae magnet, trimming the ends is a short term fix as the cutting causes the the leaf tips to become algae magnet again. Apart from that a loved the plants and would try it again.

Had some success with itView attachment 170570
Medium/high light and CO2, trouble with it is it grows from the base so the tip of the long stem/leaf is the oldest part with gets damaged and becomes a bit of an algae magnet, trimming the ends is a short term fix as the cutting causes the the leaf tips to become algae magnet again. Apart from that a loved the plants and would try it again.
It would suit perfect the setup I want to go for. Because I'm going more Hardscape focused this time, Ill be happy as long as it's surviving and looking healthy . I'm really debating whether I want to run Co2 with this one as I was also planning on it being low light. @Zeus. how did you find the growth rate?

It would suit perfect the setup I want to go for. Because I'm going more Hardscape focused this time, Ill be happy as long as it's surviving and looking healthy . I'm really debating whether I want to run Co2 with this one as I was also planning on it being low light. @Zeus. how did you find the growth rate?

4th March 2017
1623483174079.png

21 May 2017
1623483307435.png

Obviously it will also be light and CO2 dependant

Back