• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cyanobacteria Identification - At Last!

Blue exit has been around for some time now, I remember using it back in my younger years, some 24? years ago. With success too, totally eradicated it. These days whenever I see a little bit of bga show up I dose it with easycarbo (filter switched off). Its usually gone the next day.

Blue exit has been around for some time now, I remember using it back in my younger years, some 24? years ago. With success too, totally eradicated it.
Hi @Wolf6

I see that you are in the Netherlands and the makers of Blue Exit - Easy Life - are also in the Netherlands. Perhaps that's why Blue Exit has been around for some time for Dutch aquarists?

Just a thought.

JPC

I'd be surprised if the Redfield Ratio was that relevant, but I don't know that much about marine phytoplankton.
Hi @dw1305 & Everyone,

It now seems that the Redfield Ratio is, indeed, irrelevant - based on recent research. I hope to explain why when I resume my attempt to pull everything together in Homing In On Cyanobacteria (aka 'BGA'). So many interesting active threads at the moment here on UKAPS - there aren't enough hours in a day!

JPC

Back