• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Custom tank manufacturer?

I've used Coral Aquarium Cabinets a couple of times now for clients and they're good value. The silicon work isn't as tidy as some, so consider elsewhere if you're a silicon spotter.

A friend recently used ND Aquatics and was impressed with the quality and value.

Maidenhead Aquatics do custom built aquariums - I got an opti-glass one from there & am happy with it.

Aquariums ltd UK do them too - good reviews, but have heard of people waiting a while for delivery - nice shop though.

http://www.aquariums.ltd.uk/fishfinatics.asp

Well we quite often go to Trafford center if they are offering a good price flight around this time of year but I can never understand anyone :lol: It is said that Guernsey folk don't have a distinguishable accent but Jersey folk sound South African!

chrisjj said:
Maidenhead Aquatics do custom built aquariums - I got an opti-glass one from there & am happy with it.
I think MA get them built by other companies so you can probably get the same tankade by the same people cheaper.

I got mine made by ND Aquatics and am very happy with it. They do stands as well, though I got a local chippie to make mine so it matched the kitchen units.
From memory, my tank (which is a bit bigger than yours and 12mm glass) cost somewhere around £220 ... But don't quote me on that.

Well in the end I have ordered the 10mm glass & I will build the tank myself.
I have asked for the glass to have the edges aressed (not sure about the spelling) this means the edges are smoothed & beveled but not polished.
Aressed = £1 mt, polished = £9.75 mt.
I have also requested a 200 x 25mm notch cut out of the rear panel to allow for an overflow for a sump.
The glass will be ready on Tuesday & cost £176.08

idris said:
chrisjj said:
I think MA get them built by other companies so you can probably get the same tankade by the same people cheaper.

In and around the london area i think it is seashell aquariums that make tanks for MA.
I have not been able to find a website for them though.

NDaquatics are excellent i have 2 tanks from them a 100gallon and a 25gallon and the quality and customer service is fantastic.

Back