• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Custom regulator. PICS ADDED.

wazuck

I've been planning my custom regulator and registered to swagelok today. Within 30mins of doing so I received a call from them to chat about what I'm using them for. Brilliant customer service froma top company. Can't wait to pick the parts now and get building. I wonder how much it would cost to have the bottle stem and nut chromed? Would look awesome.

Custom regulator.

Yeah either is good with me. All the fittings are stainless. Most of the reg is stainless aswell. Building my brass dual stage to sell on but will keep it brass all the way I think.

Custom regulator.

I'll be sure to post my DIY led light when I get round to building it. I'm going to do a small one as a test that can be dimmed via a knob before building one that runs off an arduino micro computer. Full auto dimming. Eventually building one with lots of different bulbs to change the colour as I see fit. Would be pretty cool to set it up to mimic a sunrise/sunset with the right colours. If all goes well I will consider building these for ukaps members for a small fee ;)

Custom regulator.

Ok so the second regulator build can begin. Just won a brand new boc 8500 4 bar dual stage regulator for... Wait for it... 28.50! Now that's a bargain. Saving of what? £100 there abouts. My heart was pounding for the last few seconds of that auction. This means that ill build my murex and put it up for sale if I dont decide to run it on a tank.

Re: Custom regulator.

It came today. The BOC 8500. It makes my murex look like an antique. I need a really nice cylinder to pair up with this. An FE simply will not do. This reg does not deserve that. Unless perhaps a chrome FE. Anyone know where I can by a chrome or stainless cylinder? I'll post a pic of this baby soon.

Re: Custom regulator.

A few pics
52848bd3-4ff9-f626.jpg

The BOC and MUREX.
52848b53-5023-1ae0.jpg

The BOC.

Joecoral said:
Expensive?
I got the BOC regulator for £28.50 but they are worth over £100. It was an eBay bargain, brand new aswell. The murex cost me more than the BOC. Finishing the builds off will get expensive, the solenoid is around £40, metering valve £60, plus add on another £30 for adaptors, elbows, nipples and check valve. That's just for the BOC. I'm making the murex more of a budget build In the hope of selling it for a small profit. Anyone wishing to build there own dual stage, calor gas dual stage regulators are available from eBay for £39. Send them a message to get it down to £35.

Aqua sobriquet said:
That's a nice BOC Reg. As said, a chromed nut and pipe would look great! :D
it would wouldn't it :) Altho it may also look good having the rest of the fittings in SS, brass and chrome. I'm not sure I'd want to risk having the regulator taken apart to be chromed. If something went wrong there's no way i would get another one for that price. I waited about 8months for that one to pop up on eBay.

Money has been a big set back so I have decided to stray away from swagelok parts and have ordered two Parker metering valves which cost me £41 with shipping. As I own two optiwhite tanks I'm going to build both regs at the same time and keep both now.

Back