• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Custom made aquarium

Willage

Hi all

brand new to this forum, so hi!
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a company to make a custom made aquarium.

it’s a rather large size (6 foot) so I need to ensure the quality is up to spec to save having 200+ litres of water all over the floor.
There appears to be a few companies (including some on eBay) that manufacture these, but difficult to tell if any of these are good / have experience in building aquariums larger than a standard 3/4 foot type affair.

companies I’ve found:

NACD Aquariums
Aquariums4Life
Igist
ND Aquatics

Any experience with these companies and / or some others would be extremely helpful if anyone has advise.

Thanks I’m advance for any info / help!

Hi Willage.

I have experience with ND aquatics, but it was a few years ago now, and i have been told that quality has dropped. When they did my tanks i was very happy with them.

NACD has very spotty reviews, but most are bad. Aquariums4Life on the other hand is highly regarded.

Hi Willage.

I have experience with ND aquatics, but it was a few years ago now, and i have been told that quality has dropped. When they did my tanks i was very happy with them.

NACD has very spotty reviews, but most are bad. Aquariums4Life on the other hand is highly regarded.

Thanks Nick!

Used ND for my current aquarium, not the best build quality if I’m honest and customer service was questionable. Going for a five foot upgrade now and will be using aquariums 4 life, haven’t seen a bad review for them yet.

cheers

Used ND for my current aquarium, not the best build quality if I’m honest and customer service was questionable. Going for a five foot upgrade now and will be using aquariums 4 life, haven’t seen a bad review for them yet.

cheers
Bit old, but are Aquariums 4 Life still rated for custom builds?

Nacd took more than 5 months to deliver my tank/cabinet, and that only happened after the credit card company refunded me

The reason I purchased from them in the first place, was because every other manufacturer than I could find, uses plastic covered mdf for cabinets, I needed oak matched to my existing furniture, Nacd were able to do that, using real wood oak veneer
I have to say that the finish is first rate, pity the customer service was #%#

Tanks everyone. Looks like A4L is clearly in the lead.

Their website looks a little worrying tho - still got Xmas sales up that expired on Dec 22!

I wouldn't worry email them and you will be reassured. I have bought three tanks from them and the customer service as well as the build quality is second to none.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. As always, helpful to the max!

I have used ND aquatics and in my opinion the quality is excellent. What is not so good is their delivery service. They will only deliver to kerb side. You are responsible for moving it to where you want it.

Another vote for Aquariums4Life - have had two batches - last one was two 4' tanks with weirs and a sump. Excellent quality. Their website is very old school, they don't have a big web/social presence but the tanks are great. The lead times are longish but sometimes it's quicker depending on if they are sending a lorry your way. First delivery they carried the tank inside and upstairs for me - that was a couple of years ago though so no promises they do that now.

All depends if you opt for courier delivery (which is usually quicker) or if you want A4L to deliver your tank. I opted for courier and it was one bloke who dropped it kerb side. He struggled getting it off the lorry, I had to help him. There was no chance he was managing it by himself.

My Nacd tank and cabinet was delivered, and moved into place on a trolley, cannot fault the delivery, if it had been delivered within a reasonable time, it would have been 5 start all round

I, of course, have another nightmare looming. The place the new aquarium needs to go is the place where the old aquarium is!

I need to think about that as well and carefully plan!

Back