• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Custom cabinet for an EA aquascaper 900

Raws69

Hi

I’ve made cabinets and tables etc, but never for something that needs to carry the weight of a tank. My sister is looking for something like the attached design so that they can run an external filter OASE 600t and inline co2. I’m thinking of using 22mm material For the build with a combination of pocket hole and dowel for joints.

Will this design and material hold 200kg?
Is it best to have adjustable feet underneath to aid levelling or keep it flat to the ground and adjust the build accordingly?
if the shelving under the tank is used to house, sky box etc, could this affect the heat in the tank? Can always drill ventilation holes, or reduce the back board I suppose.
lastly re the tubing from the filter does this a certain amount of drop or can it run pretty much horizontal to the tank?

welcome any and all feedback...

Attachments

• C158A5A3-5410-4C31-98FD-FE65A91F7B8A.png
    C158A5A3-5410-4C31-98FD-FE65A91F7B8A.png
    872.1 KB · Views: 185
Should be strong enough. The wood on my stand is less than 22mm. Your filter needs to be lower than the tank to allow water to run into it. Having it at the same height won’t work well. I wouldn’t be too concerned about heat from your AV equipment, although it may matter in summer. As to feet, it definitely allow for feet that you can adjust to enable levelling

I definitely would not put AV equipment under a tank, I guarantee at some point you will spill some water. It is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

I definitely would not put AV equipment under a tank, I guarantee at some point you will spill some water. It is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.
Ah, yes. I only considered heat, but you’re right, water and electricity don’t mix well!

As careful as I am i twice i have managed to get sidetracked when refilling my tank, to have a moment of blind panic 20 minutes later when I remember that the taps are still on, followed by every towel in the house being used to mop up the water on the wooden floor

good point re spillage. Could look to put shelve above the filter area, really depends on how many av items they have. re the filter this will sit below the tank and as the tubing will have to run to the opposite side of the tank, the angle should be about 35 degrees. But just realised the tubing will be visible at the back of the tank.

Back