• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Culturing Tubifex worms

I think in the wild they are usually most abundant adjacent to sewer outfalls, in contaminated sediment, not sure I'd want to get too involved in that. Either way I reckon you'd need heavy organic feed. As a kid I used to buy it from LFS and had to trickle feed fresh water over it. If not it would go foul and rot.

Hi has anybody got any Leeds on where to buy tubifex I have been quoted £50 for 250 grms a little expencive I think.

Maybe someone out there can recommend a company that charges a reasonable rate.

Regards Martin steele

Hi has anybody got any Leeds on where to buy tubifex I have been quoted £50 for 250 grms a little expencive I think.

Maybe someone out there can recommend a company that charges a reasonable rate.

Regards Martin steele
Try ste Chester at premier aquatics. He gets in a comprehensive list of live foods.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I seem have quite a nice colony at the moment and just wondered if anyone had any tips on culturing?
Fish flakes and pellets work well with them. There are a few videos on YouTube from Filipino hobbyists who grow them for more info.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back