• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cultivated Neglect

You could replace it with a plant sort of similar looking, like cyperus helferi, since everything else is doing so well?

That looks very smart, I like the tall thin grass like plants, do you mind telling me what they are called? Make a good space filler for taller tanks!

The tall grass is Valisneria nana. It is not working out so well for me actually, it is the only plant in the tank struggling with algae.

Latest state 2020-10-30, tank age 2.5 months.
IMG_20201030_200748879_HDR.jpg

I got a new phone with a better camera.

Attachments

• 20201103_195511.jpg
    20201103_195511.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Feeding time for the snails. They both have broken pointy ends, which I think means they weren't transported gently in the pet trade.

I've also noticed that the celestial pearl danios enjoy nibbling the algae flakes. I thought they were purely carnivorous, but obviously not...

20210121_223901.jpg

The tank is coming up to one year old now. The Vallisneria nana that died back months ago is still there, just very small and lost behind the the moss and AR mini. But the vals look healthy now, so maybe they will make a comeback. The moss is left to grow all raggedy because that's the way the Pearl Danios like it. The danios are being a bit shy these days, but the population has grown naturally from 5 to 6. The nerites are busy cleaning all the time, but lay eggs everywhere. I am trying to think of the egg pods as "Nerite pearls" in the hope I will like them better!
20210726_214244.jpg

20210726_221821.jpg

Last edited:
Back