• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypts and rocks 70L

Joellll

Seedling
Progression shots of my low tech, unfiltered little tank. Two goals at the outset. Low maintenance. Low clutter/gear. It is low maint but I keep adding gear beyond what I wanted. Extra pumps, skimmer, heater, etc.

Early May, close to setup.
q7bFaVN.jpg

Mid June
DSC_9570.jpg

Late August
DSC_99691.jpg

DSC_99791.jpg

Plants look nice but you can make it look a lot better. Leave just one pump with an adapter for the outflow that blows the water to the surface which will eliminate any surface residue. This should be quite easy to find. Low tech dont need a lot of flow. Get rid of all the extras you dont need. Also if you fill up the water to near the top it will look 100x better.
Have a look at this to make your hydrocotyle look stunning:

I tried some tubing angled up for surface agitation without a great deal of success, will give it another shot at some point. The pump I would keep is rated to 300l/h, you think that should suffice? When you say an adapter do you mean a 90 degree bend so it can aim at the surface?

The top of the tank does look nasty with the low water level, however there were ~8 jumpers in a few days when they were added and it has been kept low since. Since things have grown in a bit more now I'll give it another shot topped up more, I do agree it would look much better.

Back