• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocoryne sizes

tam

I've got what I'm fairly sure is Wendtii brown (right) - I've had it years. It grows about 8-10" tall. I was thinking about replacing it with something a bit smaller but the crypt descriptions vary on height imply it's part down to tank conditions and I don't know if anything I put in the same spot is going to get similarly tall? I was thinking maybe beckettii 'Petchii'. I don't want to disturb it all and replace it with something that ends up looking the same.

20171101_172149.jpg

(Sorry not the best photo & excuse the algae)

Hi
I have Beckettii"petchii " it stays rather small about 10cm in my conditions( next to a very overgrown with java fern root with very little light)
U can try Albida brown,Lutea hobbit or Legroi all small under 10 cm but a bit more demanding(I grow them all low tech but get melt now and then and for over 2 years have as many stems I started with)
Regards Konsa

The C. 'petchii' is a quite tough, little, brown-ish crypt.......and likely the best choive for your need.
The C. albida 'brown' is a smaller, more narrow leaved crypt, but growing quite slow.
In my experience, both 'hobbit' and 'legroi' grow taller, then does 'petchii'.

Back