• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Critique my hardscape!

bengill

So here is my attempt at a Brazilian style hardscape in a 60p. This is my first scape in which I'm actually spending quite a few weeks getting things set up and done right as I really want to push myself in what I can achieve aswell as expanding my skills! Previous scapes have been buy hardscape and plants, slap dash a tank together and fill in the same day and most of the time I havent amazed with the end result!
IMG_20220108_172403_528.jpg

So here is my attempt at a Brazilian style hardscape in a 60p. This is my first scape in which I'm actually spending quite a few weeks getting things set up and done right as I really want to push myself in what I can achieve aswell as expanding my skills! Previous scapes have been buy hardscape and plants, slap dash a tank together and fill in the same day and most of the time I havent amazed with the end result!View attachment 179699
Very very very nice. The texture and lines of the rock flow nicely.
If anything (and I'm no expert) would be to raise the level of soil between the gaps back left, depending on what planting plans are that is. Very nice

Very nice hardscape! Just check the clearance between the glass and the rocks, especially on the front and sides. Ideally, you should leave a small gap, enough to fit a glass razor scraper or one of those magnetic glass cleaners.

What reddish rock is this btw?

Very very very nice. The texture and lines of the rock flow nicely.
If anything (and I'm no expert) would be to raise the level of soil between the gaps back left, depending on what planting plans are that is. Very nice
In all honesty I had just ran out of soil to put between there, another bag is on order! Thanks for the feedback!

Very nice hardscape! Just check the clearance between the glass and the rocks, especially on the front and sides. Ideally, you should leave a small gap, enough to fit a glass razor scraper or one of those magnetic glass cleaners.

The sides I'm not too worried about as in theory you'll not see too much with the plant coverage but the front does need pulling back slightly. I had issues with it leaning from the weight of the soil behind if so I need to find a way of stopping this happen!
Thanks for the feedback though its appreciated!

Forgot to add, the rock is dark seriyu stone

Forgot to add, the rock is dark seriyu stone
But is the rock really reddish or is it an artefact of the photo due to the lighting and camera? Because this rock looks like red lava with the texture of seiryu and it is really nice!

But is the rock really reddish or is it an artefact of the photo due to the lighting and camera? Because this rock looks like red lava with the texture of seiryu and it is really nice!
I think it may be the light. I have a chihiros wrgb2 and I think the light setting used was the one I have on my farm tank which I run with a higher red. Here's what it looks like under a normal room light. If you look at the top of the original image the light coming down has a red tinge
Screenshot_20220113-173002_Gallery.jpg

I think it may be the light. I have a chihiros wrgb2 and I think the light setting used was the one I have on my farm tank which I run with a higher red. Here's what it looks like under a normal room light. If you look at the top of the original image the light coming down has a red tinge
Ah! Now it looks like dark seiryu!

Almost 6 months after I set up the hardscape. Potentially looking at a rescape in a month or do using what I've learned on this scape to improve in areas!

Looks absolutely fantastic to me! I am near Leeds too - any recommendations where to get little fish and shrimps please?

Back