• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CristalProfi greenline

Dana Zamecnikova

Seedling
Hello, I am new to having a big fish tank, I bought secondhand 320l aquarium with everything included
Problem is that after setting up the aquarium I tried to connect the filter, after filling it up adding the pipes etc I couldn’t start it, it was making a rattling noise. I gave up. Some how the next day I plugged it in, pumped manually and it started going. But after a couple of days, I could see water on the floor which was dripping from the closing handles. So today I opened it, checked the seal which is fine, put Vaseline around it, emptied the water from the head and closed it. Started it up by few presses. Was working good until I until unpluged it by a mistake. Now I have the same problem like before. It is making rattling noise, it actually started twice but after 30 seconds of working correctly started making the noise again, and the flow became slow and in let say intervals. any ideas what is the problem??
thank you for suggestions.

Filters often make a rattling noise when there is air trapped in them. Gently rocking the filter should help purge any air. Also switching it on and off several times helps.

I tried to give it a shake little bit, ca not see airlock In it as before it was working well I just unplugged it it by a mistake and no I can’t get it going again. Will open it and see if the propeler is ok.

Needs priming properly pump.the big button on the top.to suck water all the way through it may take a few minutes

Ok so after a while of shaking and pumping, it was water log, filter started going but still noisy, so clever me kept shaking and pumping..... decided to switch it of and back on and pump. Finally after 1 hour and half it is going. Let’s hope it stays that way.

It's a critalprofi I presume from the title?

I've never had one but filling up the head with water and leak when you switch the pump off sounds like more than just needing priming.

On eheims this happens when the primer sealing ring is failing. It might also explain why is difficult to clear air, as pumping the primer button is drawing air into the head again past the poor seal.

upload_2020-5-6_10-34-25.png

You need to replace the O-rings shown here. When they wear/harden water leaks into the head assembly.

When you tip the pump head up it leaks water from arrowed points below, as water has been leaking past the O-rings into the pump head body.

upload_2020-5-6_10-58-43.png

I think the O-rings are 15mm x 2.5mm.

I have a new (used for a week) e1502 for sale if you are interested.

Back