• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crepidomanes cf. malabaricum question. .

Konsa

Hi all
Recently I have developed the bug about slow growing mini plants attached to hardscape.There is very little information on the web regarding this particular plant and just wandered if anyone on here have any experience with it.
My idea is to grow it low tech .Is it doable and how the plant bahaves in the long run when grow submerged.
Any comments very welcome.
Regards Konsa

Last edited:
It's a fairly new sp. on the market, first time i saw it appear in the dennerle database was about a year ago. I ordered it straight away but it seems to be available such small stock it was about sold out the day it was added. So i couldn't get my hands on it, till now from any lfs. Now we are a year later, it likely is available again and likely in a larger stock. But like that it will likely take some time before anybody can say something usefull about it.. :) Little over 2 years ago i got my hands on its African counterpart the
Didymoglossum erosum in the trade sold as Bolbitis sp. Bua or Camaroon. Which is a simmular little climbing/creeping fern. Both are by origine not realy aquatic, i uess both will have simular issues with the transistion from emersed to submersed.. With this little bolbitis it was already difficult in high tech in low tech this will be very difficult.
That little bolbiti stayed alive but even in high tech it grew so slow it was barely noticable it was growing. I suspect this Crepidomas not beeing very much different. It likely needs tons of patience.. If it was me, i would wait with adding plants like this till the tank is fully matured and over its first algae issues.. My experience with the little bolbitis tells me, put this in a fresh setup it likely will be the first algae accumulator in the tank and a need of trimming infested leaves because of that is to distructive.

Hi
I have seen it mentioned on here in few high tech setups second half of last year.It is easy to obtain now and is described as easy low light, low co2 plant that grows very slow.
The tank I think adding it in is matured with low stock,regular fertiliser regime and very high plant bio mass.
Asking only because had bad experience with bolbitis difformis which even in my last high tech with high light and full EI failed to fully open even a sigle leaf under water(lots of new leaves shoot up but remain in the little twig stage just when the leafs start appearing )but grew well on windowcill in a small tub just fine over lava rock and bit of water of the bottom.
Its always usefull to hear some first hand experience from a fellow aquarist.Hope someone will bring the good news about it.
I will probably give it a go anyway.
Regards Konsa

Last edited:
Me too i can not grow Bolbitis heteroclita, it always died on me for some reason.. Same as Pogostemon helferi i don't know why, others report and show succes stories but in my tanks they die. Likely water parameters, but thats just a wild guess. It is always difficult to compare others experiences with your own.. Each tank is very induvidual..
Crepidomanes also still is on my which list..

Back