• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Creative Aquascape Union Book

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Did anyone else get this book? Just received mine this morning, haven't read through it yet, just a quick flick, looks impressive.

Photos courtesy of viktorlantos:

6971977742_a75dd657d1_c.jpg

7118055339_28a7b9e1c9_c.jpg

Very similar to the Amano books and features Amano and ADA in the book (might have been a little sponsored too ;) )

Great addition to any aquascapers collection. :D

Hi,
yeah recieved mine last week, the pictures look impressive and certainly is another good one for the collection :) .... although i would have liked more information on the tank specs a bit like in the amano publications. There is a lot of narrative, but from my limited reading so far it doesnt seem to get into the nitty gritty, however i have only skimmed parts of it and am looking forward to having a proper read :geek: .
The actual book quality doesnt seem that good, with the hardback being a little floppy and the binding seeming quite loose..... may not last the test of time with repeated flicks through.... which i will undoubtedly be doing!
Still, its another picture fest of top quality plants and layouts, although some of these CAU scapes seem a little too contrived for my liking..... birds nest, and the sandy waterfall ones spring to mind etc....but there are some real top quality more natural ones too. I do prefer Amanos work for this reason but it does show a different technique.
Anyway, just my humble opinion ;) .
Cheerio,
Ady.

Got mine on Saturday. Is it just me or there is an issue with sharpness? Dont want to sound to critique as the works displayed and what CAU had done over the years is impressive.

Piece-of-fish said:
Is it just me or there is an issue with sharpness?
I have to agree with that, the print is a little below par, the book is pretty good overall but lacks quality not in terms of scapes but the book itself, I am a fan of the site and its nice to have all the best works in a format I can hold and scroll through.

Guys you can get the book through their official site.

Back